Musings for the New Year. 2021

First off, Happy New Year I know it’s been awhile since I’ve written here. I honestly took a break and focused on building my Instagram content. I’m back and I am feeling very inspired. Lately, I’ve really been into creating art of my own that I hope to frame in my very own space. Art has a special place in my heart. Art is a deep form of love. Art intertwines with fashion so nicely and vividly. Art is my breath of fresh air. Which has me thinking I am long overdue a Museum visit. We have been in a pandemic since March 2020. Everything has been closed for months. The museum is back open in the near future I plan to visit and take in all of the new artwork on display. My artwork is a form of expression that I carefully created via Instagram stories. I viewed another artist work an artist by the name of Deun Ivory. I noticed how simple yet beautiful her drawings were, I felt inspired and began to experiment on my self-portrait. With my finger I drew lines on my photograph that really made the photo look artistic. That’s how the image was birthed. 

I am proud of how this turned out. My newly fresh washed natural curls in all of its glory being displayed in this way is really beautiful to look at. I’m in awe. In the weeks to come I really want to focus on creating with intention. 

How would you describe your newly created image? 
This image reminds me of a picture I would see in a history book and a very artistic person used their imagination to create something fun, bold, different and beautiful. 

How do I want my readers to leave after reading this post? Inspired.

(Artwork: line work created by me)

(Line work created by me. These drawings remind me of early Basquiat artwork).

(Original photo) 


Comments

Popular Posts