A Day At The Museum


Well it’s spring break and although I am officially on break technically there is still so much work to do. I wanted to enjoy my break so I went to the museum. I haven’t been to the Birmingham Museum of Art in months. Today’s visit was the first of the year. When I got there I was met with brand new exhibits that were striking to the eye. The bright colors of the Hindu exhibit was beautiful. I took tons of pictures so I could share on social media and by social media I mean Instagram my favorite social network. I stayed there for over an hour just admiring art. I read up on a few artists as I toured the first floor exhibits. Towards the end of my visit I met this kind stranger, a black woman, who works at the museum. She made me feel welcomed and she even took my picture. Her warm attitude made me feel like home. That was the highlight of my day. I can’t wait to comeback!! 

Art History has been my world now for two semesters. Learning about art and the artists is all so interesting. Visiting the museum is a no brainer. I love it there!!


Me admiring art. Photo taken by a kind stranger.


Hindu exhibit 


Hindu exhibit


American art exhibit 


American art exhibit 

Comments

Popular Posts