Art on the Rocks

Art on the Rocks

The Birmingham Museum of Arts presents Art on the Rocks which is a summer series held for 3 Friday nights in the months of June-August. This event showcases some of Birmingham's most talented art work all while collaborating with local artists, downtown businesses and breakthrough musical performances. This year marked its 11th season, the very popular event brings out people from all over the city. A huge crowd full of professional people from fashion stylist to business owners, art graphic designers you name it! It was so cool to see a bunch of familiar faces from college, its always cool to reconnect with my Auburn family.
 
 I learned about this event from three different sources: Birmingham Bloggers, 1sharpg.com & the previous Art event I attended at the Antique shop.
Cost: Regular admission $25.00
(discount for Art members)
Food +drinks+ giveaways available
Time: 7-11pm
 
People

This is a candid of the eating area. There were different choices of food you could buy from the food trucks. While using your $5 discount once entered into the event.
 
Candid of one of the food trucks
 
I spotted this water fall with blue colors I loved it. This was out by the stage where the musical guests were performing
 

ART



These are some the acrylic paintings that I loved! The colors are so beautiful the paintings are so huge I cant even imagine how long it must have taken to complete each piece.
 
 
BLACK LIKE WHO? 
This piece is actually paying homage to African-American women hip-hop focusing on the deejaying aspect. This was originally a Japanese print piece but the artist gave this painting a fresh twist which I thought was cool. -Ion Rozeal Brown "King Kata #3"


Smokin' Joe Ain't J'mama
Hank Willis Thomas
On the role of the black men in contemporary America; has a nice twist.
 
 
 
My Style

For this event I figured that I could either wear something really dressy or I could go with a nice casual street style look and rock it! I wanted to be comfortable because I predicted it may have been a lot of walking which it was. I kept it stylish and simple. My whole look came from Forever 21.
I started off with the long print "oversized shirt" I like to call it lol. I loved the color when I first saw it and from there I continued to connect my look together. The color reminded me a lot of Fall which is one of my favorite seasons. So I found these really cute shoes that matched exactly to my top. I wanted to keep the look edgy so I went with silver jewelry and added a black hat as another accessory. Along with my hairstyle the look came together quite nicely and stylishly ^_^.

Experience
This was my first time ever attending this event. I had a good time. I was a little shocked about the crowd so I would suggest to get there on time. If you're into art and connecting with people in this type of setting I will recommend you to attend this event.








Comments

Popular Posts