Met Gala Brings CAMP to the Pink Carpet

The Met Gala theme this year was CAMP. What is Camp? Camp is a style or mode of creative expression that is absurdly exaggerated and often fuses elements of high and popular culture. The celebrities did not come to play this year so many of them went with the theme it was actually hard for me to create a list which is a good thing. There were feathers, fringe, diamonds, pop of color,  wardrobe changes, and so much more. The met gala is an annual event hosted by Anna Wintour the editor and chief of vogue magazine. Everything is approved by her including the guest list and tables which can run as high as 250,000 a piece yikes! But it is all to raise money for the costume institute of the Metropolitan Museum of Art.

First I have to write about the iconic entrance of Lady Ga Ga. She entered the pink carpet in this long hot pink coat with a long train. Under the coat lies three other outfits one is a couture black gown, hot pink dress, and a two piece set to end the look. She worked the pink carpet! She gave us theatrics and visual art for a full 15minutes. She set the bar. 

Lady Ga Ga wearing Brandon Maxwell *Best Dressed Nominee*

Gi Gi Hadid wearing custom Michael Kors
Gi gi wowed us in this sequence body suit with a feathered train and matching shoes. From head to toe she nailed this look! Also *Best dressed nominee*

Ashley Graham wearing Gucci
I loved that she gave us something different with the blazer look. The most important thing about her look to me was her hair. I loved the accessories. she really had fun.

Janelle Monae wearing Christian Siriano
WOW! I will start with the layered hats is just art at its finest. Then if that wasn't enough the blinking eye lid, I mean I was just speechless. Janelle Monae was literally walking art. I love the face, I see the the nose and lips. The placement of color is beautiful. *Best Dressed Nominee*

Regina Hall in Gucci
I love the silhouette of this look and the bumble bee.

Deepika Padukane in Zac Posen
In my notes I wote the pink cinderella dress with arcs. This dress is well constructed. I love the color and shimmering effect. *Best dressed nominee*

Emily Ratajkowski wearing Dundas
She is gorgeous! I love the headpiece and sexiness of this gown.

Tracee Ellis Ross in Jeremy Scott
I always love Tracee's look this year is no different. I thought the picture frame was creative and over the top. Exactly what this years theme is all about.

Zendaya x her long time stylist Law Roach
I posted two pictures of this look because I was in awe. When Law waved his wand and her dress began to magically change and light up, I was in  awe. This was beautifully done Zendaya was trully the belle of the ball. *Best Dressed Nominee

Cardi B BARDI Gang! Cardi wearing Thombrowneny
This was another show stopper and stunning look on the pink carpet. Cardi's taste in fashion is beautiful. From head to toe she looked amazing! *Best dressed nominee*

Jourdan Dunn wearing Zac Posen
I love the short dress, the color, and shoe. Beautifully done.

Last but not least the pink carpet was phenomenal. Although we missed Rihanna and Beyonce this year, the celebrities brought CAMP to met gala. These are my top picks not all are listed.









Comments

Popular Posts