I Saw Things I Imagined.


“Be you love you all ways, always.”— Alex Elle
Dress: Everlane 

Sometimes I wonder where life will take me within the next 5 years. Will I travel the world? Will I move to a big city? Will I finish college? Will I own my first home? Will I get married? All of these things are my long term goals. These goals seems so far away. I wonder will it ever happen for me, it’s happening for everyone else well, so it seems. The real question is when I arrive at these places in life will I be happy?

I’ve found happiness now in this season but I know I can’t stay here. I have big plans. Plans to travel and see the world, to learn new languages and cultures. Plans to tell stories from where I’ve been. It’s all apart of my plan. I feel like a kid again with this huge imagination. Kids believe in what they imagine for themselves it’s so innocent, it’s so beautiful. 

In order to make my plans a reality as an adult I’ve learned it takes work! I can’t simply just lay in bed and imagine my vision for my life without putting in the work to achieve it. A lot of my freelance blogger work is done by me which includes the writing, editing, promoting, and photography. It’s work! And not all work is monetary, I am getting paid by exposure.

Exposure can possibly draw the money + necessary brands that can take my blog to the next level. I actually didn’t start my blog to get paid. I started my blog because I love fashion and I love to write and I love creating. Some influencers may say I’m just a blogger because I’m not paid yet, and right now I’m okay with that. Exposure is just as important. I try to be consistent and put out content that makes sense and is useful all while being true to self.

I’ve learned so many things from other bloggers. I’ve grown to love blogging. Doing the work? I can do this in my sleep. It comes natural to me and I love it. Do I encourage others to start a blog? Yes. I made a post on Instagram today encouraging people with an idea to just start. Start with what you have where you are. It doesn’t have to be perfect. It just has to get done and only you can do this work like you. It is a good post. A great way to kick off a new week.

I started with an idea 4 years ago now I have birthed this precious blog. Next it maybe a book. I wont stop imagining. *




Comments

Popular Posts