#BlackGirlMagic

#BlackGirlMagic

Today I wanted to create a post that celebrates being a woman of color. With all of the negative events that has occurred over the past few weeks I wanted to feed into the positive! Recently the hashtag "Black girl magic" has become popular on social media platforms such as Instagram and Twitter. Personally, I love using this hashtag to celebrate my natural hair progress and my style posts. I am so fascinated with this hashtag and movement that I've decided to do a little research.

Black Girl Magic was created by CaShawn Thompson. It is a term used to illustrate the universal awesomeness of black women. It's about celebrating anything we deem particularly dope, inspiring, or mind-blowing about ourselves. (Huffingtonpost.com) 

Black girl magic is special to me in many ways one being our natural kinky, coily, curly hair. My most recent selfie (pictured below) celebrates my natural hair, how far I have journeyed to this point and my continuing infatuation of being a natural gal. My natural hair journey began nearly 2.5 years ago since then I have grown to learn what products works for my hair and what doesn't, how to style my hair on my own, and even experimenting with color. This process not only taught me about hair care but also the importance of patience, process, and growth. I have learned to love what is naturally mine and I believe that's beautiful.

"Black women are made out of brown sugar, cocoa, honey, and gold. And the strength of ten thousand moons."
The second reason Black girl magic is special to me is our beautiful skin tone or most popularly used "our melanin pops severely." The different complexions are really what makes our race unique and stand out. Confidence is attractive. No matter your complexion own it, love it, its yours! It's what makes you, you. Black-represents strength, intelligence, excellence, and unity. Embrace who you are and take care of it. Black is beautiful. My black is beautiful!






Comments

Popular Posts