Back to Creativity

Its been awhile since I've really felt the creativity to write. I have been going through the anxiety of turning thirty and feeling unaccomplished in certain areas of my life, dealing with personal issues as well as taking care of my mom. But I was reminded that apart of the road to success is setbacks, challenges and sometimes failure. I must keep working towards my goals, visions, and dreams.

 On this particular night I went out to a place called Sips n Strokes located on Highway 280 in Birmingham. It is a fun class that has an instructor and a choice of  two different projects to paint for each session- no painting is the same. It felt good to unwind and just be creative and paint with a lovely glass of red wine.

One of my favorite things to do is to be creative. I'm a very artsy girl, and I don't want to let whatever I'm going through hinder my progress to create beautiful work, connecting with people, and writing some really good posts. This night I felt more relaxed and for those 2hrs I forgot about all of the stress and anxiety of my day. Pictured below is myself holding the completed piece.

With this exercise I hope it continues to inspire me to keep going, keep creating, keep working towards my dreams. It was the boost I needed to continue to grow as a blogger.
 

 A close up of my painting. I used purple for the wrap, I actually had to create this color by mixing red and blue paint together. I chose a solid royal blue background. I really wasn't certain of which colors to use I just went with the flow and I think it turned out pretty good.
 
 Cheers to keep creating and reaching for my dreams.

Comments

Popular Posts