Girls Write-In (Networking Event)

The Pizitz
On this past Thursday I got a chance to visit the Pizitz building downtown Birmingham. The Pizitz was the chosen venue for my first networking event of the year. Inside the building is gorgeous lighting and food places everywhere. But, this night wasn't all about the food. It was set for Girls Write-In hosted by See Jane Write located at Forge (2nd floor in Pizitz). Girls write-in is time set aside in a sacred place to WRITE for an hour. This idea was created by See Jane Write's founder Mrs. Javacia Bowser. She thought of this because so many writers or bloggers do not write on a consistent basis. Why you may ask? Maybe there's lack of inspiration, writers block, or exhaustion. But the biggest excuse that most bloggers make is we do not have TIME.

At my first write-in I got so much accomplished just writing in my journal for an hour. I wrote things that I needed to release and get off my chest. It helped me to refocus so I can move forward. There were options given to work on blog posts if you are a blogger, your book or writing prompts.







Here's what I wore:
Dress: J Crew
Shoes: H&M

Comments

Popular Posts