Being Vulnerable Is Brave

Happy October πŸπŸ‚,
It’s finally starting to feel like Fall and this makes me so happy. I’ve been busy lately, but I had time to sit down and write today. World mental health awareness day was a few days ago and I bravely shared a bit of my story on my Instagram (@stylishdrea86_). I’ve always said “I will wait until the right time to share” or “I will wait until I have a huge social media following/platform” To be completely honest I don’t think it’s ever a right time to share something so sensitive. But today I felt compelled to share my personal experience. 

With all of the things swirling around the news + media I could really relate to some of the stories shared by other women. When I hear these stories instead of triggering bad emotions it lights something in my spirit. I’ve lived with bipolar disorder for eight years. Sometimes I wonder is this my correct diagnosis and other times I can tell when I’m not totally emotionally in a good space. 
There are highs and lows and sometimes it’s hard to cope with especially under stress. I am learning to take away the shame or stigma that comes along with this illness. It is a process. It takes guts to be brave enough to share something so personal but important. Therapy for me has worked very well. And until this day I still see a therapist when needed.

It is okay to not be okay. It is okay to ask for help if needed. Be kind to yourself. Your mental health matters. 




Comments

Popular Posts