Moments of Uncertainty



Today I am writing to celebrate my win from my day job. I work at a clothing store for a very prestigious brand. I like what I do and it shows. Over the Fourth of July holiday I learned I won another contest, this makes my third win. I was totally shocked when I heard the news. I wasn’t aware of the contest at all, I literally show up for work and do my best.

Since working at a store I didn’t realize how much work goes into it, it’s a lot. My people skills have increased and the different projects I am assigned to are fun. I am learning so much and I am thankful.
All of this success yet in the back of my mind I can’t help but think what’s next.

Moments of uncertainty creeps in the little cracks of my self-doubt. I hadn’t plan on working for this company long term, but is it possible? Could this be what I am destined to do? I have so many other plans and ideas and a lot of times they are met with opposition followed by setbacks.

Setbacks are apart of life. Setbacks are apart of success and failure you cannot avoid them. As frustrating as it gets at times I must know that there are always lessons. Uncertainty is scary. It’s a scary place but it is also normal. Does this mean I should stop planning? No. Do I get tired sometimes? Yes, but quitting is not an option!

Sometimes I look at other people’s lives and I am in awe. In awe because their trials seem so small compared to mine. I often wonder if it’s fair. Life is hard. I am learning to conquer it one day at a time. Right now this win feels good. At least I know I am doing something right.**

Comments

Popular Posts