Choose Joy



Photo by: Erika Layne 

I haven’t written a blog post in awhile I am slowly getting back to my creative space and it feels good. I am learning to show up for myself even when I don’t feel well. I’ve been a little depressed + I’m not sure exactly why but today I am choosing joy. I am getting back to the things that makes me happy. Writing/blogging has always been therapeutic and a safe space for me. So I am getting back to that. I am learning to count my blessings, be present, set boundaries and practice self discipline. In the meantime I’ve been enjoying the Fall weather. The beauty of the leaves and what it means to let the dead things go. I am enjoying the cooler temps and the time change (that extra hour is God sent). I love drinking hot coffee in the morning while preparing for my day. November is here, it’s hard to believe we are down to the end of another year. I know what I need to work on to be better. I am learning to do the work and not let fear cripple me. I am learning to not let my circumstances control how I feel. I want to encourage you to choose joy. Even in the yuckiest of things. Even when life doesn’t seem fair. Even when your circumstances hasn’t changed. Choose joy. Show up for yourself and guess what joy will find you.

Lastly, this photo is a beautiful capture that I found on Instagram. It is today’s inspiration.

Comments

Popular Posts