Birthday Met Gala Look

This blog post will be a little different. I am going to write a series of questions in interview form and will answer them. I hope you enjoy reading. xo 

Were you inspired by this year’s Met Gala or did you come up with this look on your own?
The answer is I came up with the look on my own. After I watched the Met Gala I felt like it was confirmation that I should buy the dress. I am wearing a baby blue (my birthstone color) dress that I purchased from ASOS.

What was your reaction after you saw all of the gowns at the Met?
I was in total awe of them all! I felt inspired. I felt like I had to have my dream birthday gown. This year turning thirty five is a big deal and I wanted my look to be beautiful yet elegant. I wanted to step it up a notch and it turned out better than I envisioned. 

What do you love most about the tail/train trend?
It is elegant, chic, + so damn cool lol. I love everything about it. And the fact that no one I know have worn a dress like this is a plus. I definitely stood out from the rest. I love that the celebrities wore it first.

Did you have a particular color in mind before buying the dress or did you want a blue hue from the start?
Originally I wanted to wear black or maybe a red dress. The baby blue hue never crossed my mind. It was only until I saw the color of the dress on the site that I decided to do a different pop of color. And it was my birthstone color at that so it worked out perfectly.

Do you always watch the Met Gala to get inspiration or do you wing it?
No. I usually watch the Met to learn and simply for fun. I didn’t think I would be inspired to do a look like this. As I stated earlier it was sort of a coincidence that I chose a dress with a train/tail. I had no idea it would be trending.

On social media did you get the response you wanted after posting your birthday look?
That’s a great question. I actually waited three weeks before sharing my photos and that was HARD! But to answer the question No. I didn’t. I definitely thought I would have gotten more likes and comments but that’s Instagram for you. You just never know. All in all I am so impressed with myself that I actually pulled this look off.

What was your favorite compliment you’ve gotten since wearing the dress?
That I looked 25 years old.

What do you wish for in this new year?
To succeed in all areas of my life. In my career, in love, in school, in relationships. I pray that this new year is one of my best.








Hair: Faith Turner (sister)
Styled by: Yours Truly 

Comments

Popular Posts