Magic in the Magic City


In the past two weeks I’ve witnessed two BIG events to kick off summer’22. First, R&B Music Experience  which featured musical guests: Monica, Tamar Braxton, Ginuwine, Silk, Keith Sweat and 112. Second, I attended a fashion show hosted by Magic City Fashion Week. Both events were incredible in their own way. I will take a moment to briefly dive into each event.

R&B Music Experience
This was my first concert in three years. I had floor seats and I attended this event with my sister. The show was amazing from start to finish. I enjoyed Tamar Braxton and Monica’s set the most. I knew their songs the most and it didn’t hurt that they are black women. It was my second time seeing Tamar Braxton in concert and my first seeing Monica. It was my ninety’s dream come true to see Monica. She performed songs like, The Boy Is Mine, So Gone, Before You Walk Out of My Life, Angel of Mine and she even did a Whitney Houston tribute. I knew majority of the lyrics which was so fun. I recorded numerous videos but I didn’t want to takeaway from the actual concert. I wanted to be present so I limited my time recording and taking photos.

R& B star Monica 


Here’s what I wore: 

Shirt: color blocking shirt from Fashion nova
Denim shorts: JCREW 
Heels: Steve Madden 

Magic City Fashion Week/ Fashion show
On Friday, June 10th I attended a fashion show hosted by creatives in my hometown better known as Magic City Fashion Week. This event was held at the Birmingham Museum of Art outside. It was filled with beautiful white chairs from the vip seating to the general admission guests. There were numerous designers that showcased their collections. Some collections were filled with bright colors and others had a high-end aesthetic. To my surprise Ty Hunter (Beyoncé’s fashion stylist) was in attendance. Oh my gosh!! Let me tell you how starstruck I was lol. When I first saw him I immediately knew who he was because I’ve been following him on Instagram for years. I was blown away by how nice he was and also his clientele that he briefly shared with us. I was in the presence of greatness. It was really a beautiful night. I had so much fun!! This was my first fashion show in a long time. It was a two day event. I attended on the second day. All of the designers were incredibly talented. The winner took home a 10k grand prize to kick off his/her fashion line. The winner was designer Aaliyah of Exalting in Beauty. It finally felt good to get back to networking again as a fashion blogger. 


Ty Hunter (Beyoncé’s fashion stylist) is the guy in the middle with the dreads. It was such in honor to have him in the Magic City. 

Comments

Popular Posts