Autumn πŸ‚ Teaches Us How To Let Things Go


(Photo from Pinterest)

Autumn is here! I am beyond excited about the changing of seasons. Cooler temperatures, hot coffee, warm clothing, and boots. This morning I put on my robe and made a pot of hot coffee. In my journal I share an update. A lot of things have changed in my life including my mom’s health and my role as a caregiver. My mom has been on a decline in her health. She needs more care than ever. I thank God for the extra help from the nurses that come out about three times a week to care for her needs. But when they are gone myself and my Dad are very hands on. For those of you who are new here, my mom has been battling a rare cancer for 13 years. And as time passed her condition has worsened. We are a family of faith so we believe in the impossible. We are also happy that God saw fit to keep her here for this long. But we are also very aware of the reality of life. Despite the trials of life, things have been good around here.

For me emotionally today is a good day. School is coming along pretty well considering my circumstances. I am maintaining about a B average and I am a semester away from graduation. I am so proud of my progress. I don’t express that enough. Okay the reason why I named this blog post “Autumn Teaches Us How To Let Things Go” is because I’ve had to let go of friendships that I once loved. It left me feeling heartbroken. But just like the seasons change so does relationships. People are temporary in life. Everyone can’t be who you want them to be. They are only apart of a portion of your story. I had to make peace with that. Some days I still struggle.

Through years therapy and journaling I am on a healing journey. I am much better than I was 2 years ago or even 2 months ago. I am glad that I am putting forth an effort to care for my emotional needs. Therapy is not always accepted in the black community but it is essential to dealing with life’s obstacles. 

I am learning to enjoy each day. We are here for only a limited amount of time so let’s make the best of it.

Comments

Popular Posts