Fashion Exhibit |Design week 2k15

 
It's Design Week here in Birmingham, Al hosted by the Birmingham Museum of Arts. Each day this week there are different events going on, taking place at different venues for a number of activities such as learning to sketch, architecture related courses and fashion exhibits to name a few. To kick off this week is The Blue Print.
This exhibit was located on 3rd Ave S. There was no cost starting from 7pm-9pm.
 
Maacah Davis who is the creator of Belladonna Magazine- the first fashion magazine to grace Birmingham Al. Here she is explaining the concept of ideas of each designer and their vision for each design. Maacah explained her reasoning of creating this exquisite event. She said, so many people come to her complaining about the lack of fashion here in Birmingham. They say that fashion only lies in New York or Los Angeles. Well Maacah wanted to prove those individuals wrong and create an opportunity for Birmingham's own to come up with a theme and design a few pieces to be on display for Design week.
 
The Designers were: Jan King, Saige Pilgrim, Tyler Sanford, and Summer Crooks. The theme of these designs were avant garde, gothic, romantic looks.
 
Visually I thought this place was breathtakingly gorgeous. It helped tell the story of each look. Here the floral accentuations were created by Savannah and Austin Santiago. The set at the venue was created by: Ali Ribe and Caitlin Lawson assisted by Ginny Henry
 
And then there was The Red room....
 
 
I created this collage with myself pictured at the top left of the photo featuring my crochet scarf I created and designed myself. I am so glad that I learned about this event in time and I was able to make it out to support Fashion in Birmingham. As an aspiring designer/stylist this was the perfect event for me to attend. I was filled with gratitude to meet Maacah Davis once again, she was so sweet and welcoming and eager to show the guests her best work! I loved it and I hope to see more events like these in the near future.
 

Comments

Popular Posts