Met Gala-Twenty Sixteen

This years Met Gala was futuristic themed combining technology with modern day high fashion. The stars gathered together at the biggest fashion party of the year. On the famous red flight of stairs I saw leather mixed with soft textures, metallic sequins, latex, short and long gowns and even colored contacts to really bring out the theme. Ms. Ana Wintour the host of the evening, invited each guest along with the designers of these spectacular pieces, entering the event priced at $30,000 per person donated by sponsors and fashion houses. (Venue: Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York)
 Below are some of my favorite looks of the evening:

 
Kristen Stewart in Chanel

 Kristen stuck with the theme by wearing black with a mixture of silver to give this look a nice cool solar effect resembling a dark sky with tiny stars. I loved her hair pulled back in a messy bun.

Alexa Chung in Thakoon

 This is another sequin look that I found to be very beautiful. I loved the mixture and use of black and silver.

Kate Hudson wearing Atelier Versace
I love the mixture of leather and this soft tulle/organza fabric at the bottom of the gown. The construction of this dress is really beautiful. I like that its all white and that she went with the theme.

Kim Kardashian-West and Kanye West in Balmain
Kim looked beautiful in this gown, it looked very futuristic and was constructed to perfection! (It reminds me of aircraft-space ship vibes or maybe armor) Kanye looked great in this Balmain studded jacket and grey contacts that also gave us a futuristic look. The only thing, I think he should have worn a more dressy pant to this event.



FKA twigs wearing Atelier Versace
I like this champagne/ nude color. I love the detail of the top of the dress, the metallic details and headpiece.

Beyonce in Givenchy couture
Everyone was raving about this look, whether they hated it or loved it because its latex! Her body looks stunning in this fitted gown. I personally think its lovely, she took a risk and stuck with the futuristic theme. I loved that the gown added a softer look with the floral and pearl embellishments. I love the color!

Solange Knowles in David LaPort
This stunning fan shaped dress is a work of art! This was the perfect event to pull off such an editorial/high fashion look like this. I loved her hair with this look. She nailed it in Solange fashion! 

Zoe Kravitz in Valentino 
What stood out the most to me is the mask. Because this is a ball with a theme the mask and the odd shaped dress with the fury shoes just worked!

Zendaya in Michael Kors
Zendaya kept it elegant in this gold sequin gown but it was her mushroom styled hair that gave this look an extra push that it needed.

Brie Larson in Proenza Schouler
The metallic is what stands out in this look. I love the layering of the bottom of this dress, her bun and dark lip.
Kate Bosworth in Dolce and Gabbana
I love the goddess headpiece, the detailing of the bodice the metallic mixed with yellow and nude soft bottom. This look is beautiful.

Rita Ora in Vera Wang
This feathered platinum gown was the most beautiful couture piece of the night. I also loved the matching silver hair accessory. It was so beautiful to watch this gown on the red carpet. One of the best dressed of the night!

Comments

Popular Posts