...Its what I see


"Its not what you look at that matters, its what you see." -Thoreau
(photo taken: Birmingham Public Library)

 
Earlier, I stopped by the Birmingham Public Library, here's what I see:

Today I challenged myself to write about what I see and to describe what this beautiful mural meant to me. How could I translate what the world is today from this painting?

When I look at this painting I see different people-race, professions, cultures, religion, young and old that all makes up the world. I see unity, hope, happiness and peace. I see the future.

So does this painting resemble the world today? I believe....
The world today is tarnished. There are people who want peace, love, and hope but its often taken away by those who are filled with hatred hence the Orlando mass shooting that took place about a week ago.

What do we do to solve these terrible crimes? How can we create peace? These are the questions that still needs an answer today. I don't think I will ever understand the terrible crimes people choose to commit and maybe its not my will to understand. But I believe there is a greater meaning behind this. That somehow something good will come out of all this bad, there is hope. We have to continue to spread love the best we can. If it's simply by giving a smile to say hello, donating money to an organization, volunteer to help the community-the youth in neighborhoods, hosting more church events to get people involved etc. Whatever you can to make this world a better place. It starts with you! Sometimes its the simplest things that can mean so much. How will you make a difference?


                       

Comments

Popular Posts