All A Dream

My All A Dream cap has several meanings to me. It inspires me to keep dreaming and working towards my ultimate goals (which I am a positive advocate for). It is motivating that I can be anything I aspire to be no matter my age. And it also is paying homage to the late great Notorious B.I.G. also known as Biggie Smalls. On March 9th, we remembered and celebrated the life of Biggie whether it was through playing his records, posting art, or wearing clothing with his lyrics. On that day and all weekend I listened to the records Juicy and Big Poppa, both radio friendly and still after 20+ years are classic hits. Listening to the lyrics and how Biggie flowed is insanely Amazing to me!!!! He was so talented. Today we don't have rappers as smooth and clever as Biggie was. Even his swagger was dope, to be a Big guy! He truly had a special gift. Don't get me wrong I love Drake, Kanye West, Jay Z, J Cole and Kendrick. But some of these new cats is just missing the juice if you ask me.// What I'm wearing: cap:- +Forever 21  black tee: +Target  blue jean jacket : thrifted

I want to leave you with some of my favorite Biggie lyrics"

..." It was All a Dream I use to read Word Up magazines
Salt n Pepa and Heavy D up in the limousine
Hangin pictures on my wall
Every Saturday Rap Attack, Mr. Magic, Marley Marl
I let my tape rock til my tape pop
Smokin w--d and bamboo, sippin on private stock
Way back, when I had the red and black lumberjack
With the hat to match
Remember Rappin' Duke, duh-ha duh-ha
You never thought that hip hop would take it this far
Now I'm in the limelight 'cause I rhyme tight
Time to get paid, blow up like the World Trade
Born sinner, the opposite of a winner
Remember when I used to eat sardines for dinner
Peace to Ron G, Brucey B, Kid Capri
Funkmaster Flex, Lovebug Starsky
I'm blowin up like you thought I would
Call the crib same number, same hood
Its all good
Uh and if you don't know now you know..." - R.I.P. Biggie Smalls








Comments

Popular Posts