Impromptu Shoot/ 8 Tips To Re-Create Your Style

Impromptu Shoot
For months I've had this location on my radar to hire a photographer to capture my style. Plans changed a zillion times it was my strict budget, the look I had in mind wasn't finished, I've had a tooth pulled and recently a serious stomach virus that left me in the ER. I looked around and noticed that we are one week away from May and I haven't done anything pertaining to this photo shoot. I've spoken with the photographer several times, he understood and is being patient with me. But for me, it has left me frustrated! As soon as I started feeling better, I decided that I am NOT going to let anymore setbacks stop me from accomplishing this goal even if I have to do this ALL myself.

So on Monday I did just that. I grabbed some clothes out of my closet, arranged a look, styled my hair, got jewelry pieces, and did my own makeup! I asked my sister would she help me capture the photos using my iphone camera she agreed. I drove to the location and we created magic! After waiting for so long I was determined that I wasn't going to let anything/anyone STOP me from accomplishing my dream goal! When you really get tired of making excuses (although I had valid excuses), letting time pass by, etc. you will do whatever it takes to make the goal happen! These particular incidences wasn't the only reason I wanted to create this shoot, I've waited YEARS and I finally had enough! I've learned things will never be perfect sometimes you just have to GO FOR IT!

8 Tips to Re-Create Your Style
1. Be Creative 
My creativity for this shoot was the location.  Expert Fashion bloggers that I follow are all choosing cool locations to shoot their look of the day. I followed this trend by standing in front of this really cool mural. I love ART. I believe fashion and art goes hand and hand so I thought this was the perfect place!

2. Add Color to your look
A pop of color is always trendy. With the popular stripe print, I thought this red distress denim jacket was the perfect fit for this look,.

3. Go from Evening wear to Casual
Originally, I wore this skirt as an evening wear look. I switched the entire style to a casual look by substituting a shirt with a denim jacket

4. Add a statement piece
My statement piece was a handmade choker made by my friend Mel from her jewelry line hippiechik. With the statement piece I chose I didn't need anymore accessories to overshadow the necklace. Sometimes less is more.You can follow my talented friends social media pages (Instagram: @melanesia_ @hippiechiklifestyle)

5. Follow the trends but add your own twist
 You can be trendy. But always remember to not leave You out of your style. Add something that makes the look your own

6. Save money wear something that you already have
For me this worked! Instead of buying a new outfit I decided to recreate a new look by switching things up a little. Don't be afraid to challenge your creativity, this works especially if you're on a strict budget.

7. Wear confidence
Confidence can take a look to another level. In the modeling world its all about selling the products that you are wearing. You have to exude confidence in a way that makes the consumer want to buy whatever it is you are selling. (Tip I learned from Tyra Bank's ANTM show) 

8. Be Stylish! 




choker: hippiechik makeup: nude lip gloss @covergirlcosemetics

  • MUA: Andrea Turner
  • Stylist: Andrea Turner
  • Creative Director: Andrea Turner
  • Hair: Andrea Turner
  • Photographer: Faith Turner
  • Blogger/Promoter: Andrea Turner
  • Model: Andrea Turner
  • (I decided to add all of the tasks that I was responsible for, write it down and celebrate myself for my hard work! This job isn't as easy as it looks. It is something that I am passionate about and this is why I keep going).


Comments

Popular Posts