Yin and Yang Fashion Show

Just a few short weeks ago I had the opportunity of attending not only a fashion show but also an event to help raise money for local students to attend college. Before this event I hadn't graced the presence of a fashion show in years--I was beyond elated to see the designs of local designers like: Belle Reine, Shapely Louise, House of Avid, A Dot, Rebelle Threads, Beyond Bold, Exquisite Intentions, Bria Robinson, Kenya B., and Cheri. Displaying a collection of urban wear, swim wear, formal wear and creative wear. At the end of the night two students went home with $1000 scholarship each. The creator of the event Mr. Tony of ynot images put on an excellent event. In its 3rd year this event was a huge success! As an audience member I can say everything was well organized from the lighting, the seating--the angles of the chairs were great. It was set up in a way that everyone could see, the scenes, the hosts, dj, photographers, red carpet (my favorite) etc Everything was lovely. This event took place at the Boutwell Auditorium in Birmingham, Al on April 7.

I haven't ripped a runway in awhile but I think I had way more fun watching than actually walking in the show lol. As a 30 year old chic young woman my goals have changed. I not only want to model, brand, blog, style. I am on the verge of creating a business. I must say I have evolved and my goals have too. Although I've had years of experience while studying the art of fashion, I am still a student on this journey because trends are ever changing. I am glad I know my calling. It feels good to be walking in my purpose!

Tonight I mixed white and black with a very stylish shirt with stripes that I purchased from +Forever 21 I felt like I was channeling my inner Anna Wintour with my new hair style. The fashion editor and chief of Vogue magazine is known for her bangs and bob hairstyle.

The skirt I also purchased from +Forever 21   metallic sandals: @tjmaxx  earrings: @burlington handbag: @jessicasimpson


Comments

Popular Posts