Honesty Moment/ Art and Music Event

Over the weekend I got a chance to attend a really cool event that one of my colleagues hosted and actually was the DJ. I saw some people that I haven't seen in years whom I attended college with. At first I must admit I felt a bit intimidated when some of them mentioned what they do for a living and I am not yet on their level of accomplishments (but its a goal I'm working on). It was nice to see familiar faces and catch up on old times. It is a goal of mines that I must never give up on no matter the circumstances. I found it hard to really open up and share my journey without sharing too much at a time, lets be clear I've been through A LOT! I've had so many setbacks and I'm haunted with the thought of giving up or that my work is never enough. I hate it! I guess because I am approaching a  completely different age bracket and I never imagined being in this place- (state) in life its kind of hard to be Optimistic all of the time. I find myself just crying and releasing my frustrations. Life can be hard, but hard times don't last they make you stronger. Even with blogging, I still consider myself a "newbie" there is so much I am still learning and I am literally living off a "dollar and a dream". I can't afford what a lot of the other bloggers are doing right now and its a little intimidating and it sucks! But I can't let my feelings cripple my creativity because that is free and God given. Some how I must find my tunnel vision again and give blogging, my career, and life another shot! I recently read: "Discouragement and failure are two of the surest stepping stones to success." I'm starting to believe this is true.


My stylish outfit I put together from my closet. I usually like to shop for events but this time I saved a few bucks. I am wearing a fitted dress from Forever 21 and a faux fur vest from Burlington Coat Factory
Gina T. on the 1s and 2s. I am so happy for her and all of her accomplishments, becoming a female DJ is one of the coolest things I've seen thus far. I had to come out and support.

This event took place at:
Trim Tab Brewing
2721 5th Ave S
Birmingham, AL


Comments

Popular Posts