I AM...

I am smart
I am the oldest of three
I am kind
I am beautiful
I am successful
I am strong
I attended Auburn University
I graduated the top of my class from High School
I started my blog December of 2014
I am a member of my church choir
I have beat the odds
I am a survivor
I am a supportive sister, daughter, and friend
.... Although I have some accomplishments under my belt I still doubt myself. I overthink a lot, am I good enough? creative enough? smart enough? I know there will always be someone smarter, more creative and better than myself. But I should not stop working towards being the best version of myself everyday! It's a constant battle I face but despite these crazy thoughts I have to press through it and give life all that I've got. Keep trying, keep reaching towards my goals no matter the obstacles I face. I think the biggest guilt I wear on my shoulders is the fact I haven't finished college. Things didn't go the way I originally planned and I beat myself up for that. I have to give myself some slack because I didn't know I would go through such huge obstacles to slow my progress down such as sexual assault and then being diagnosed with a mental illness around the same time my mom was diagnosed with stage 4 liver cancer. I am dealing with it one day at a time. But my greatest job is to forgive myself, not be so hard on myself & move forward with a clear head space. Keeping my struggles a secret has also become a burden, but I've been trying to decide the best way to share my story and more importantly the right timing. That's life you know, its not always going to be easy or beautiful. Sometimes we go through some ugly things but it can lead to something beautiful if we let it. School will be there waiting for me whenever I am ready to go back. Each day is a new opportunity to change my story for the better. With life there is always hope.




who are you?  #bloglikecrazychallenge

Comments

Popular Posts