Afropunk Fest

Afropunk Atlanta Day 1 was the carnival of consciousness. Afropunk was filled with people from all walks of life. I met people from Brooklyn, NY , Florida and Georgia natives all gathered to take part in what would be the most urban concert of the year. We celebrated us. We celebrated being black, our style, our hair, our culture. There were other ethnic groups in the audience as well but we all came together as one enjoying our favorite musical artist. This was my very first Afropunk and I must say I enjoyed myself so much. The show started at 1pm and lasted as late as 12am. It was all day! 

The most memorable moments for me was the creative fashion statements that I saw. Everyone was free to create their own unique styles as a form of expression. I saw things such as floral prints, faux fur, fringe, flowers, sheer, mesh, velvet and many other incredible fashion. It was amazing to see. The vendors were great along with lots of Free stuff. 

There were performances from different artists all day. The lineup included: Flat bush zombies, Denzel Cury ph, cool female djs, many others and R&B artist Miguel.


WOKE. I loved this room.

These were the rules of the show.


My sister & I 

Here's what I wore:

One thing I enjoyed was the incredible artwork.
Here's what I wore:
Sheer top
Palazzo pants
Booties
Hat -all shopped at Forever 21.
Dope graffiti 

We the people.


Comments

Popular Posts