Birmingham Native





Despite being raised in Birmingham, AL all of my life, I have come to the conclusion that you can often find small adventures right outside of your door step. Just a few short weeks ago I decided that I wanted to find "my happy" after taking my mom to her monthly treatments. Usually when I am at the cancer center I admire the beautiful flowers that they display but on this particular day there weren't any. I decided to go to a local Floral Nursery to find beauty in the day. To my surprise I discovered a flower known as a rosette succulent. I had never seen a live flower like this one before. I was totally in awe of its beauty I snapped this lovely photo from my iphone and shortly after I did some research. Succulents are fleshy flowers that store water in their leaves. In certain amounts of sunlight they will change color. How freakin cool is that? lol

A few days later I decided to drive down 1st Ave to look at buildings and find possible locations for my next style shoot. I found this really cool spot-a beautiful brick building trimmed in lights around the back I recorded this by snapping a selfie. The cool thing about the simple things of life is creating...I literally found inspiration just by deciding to look for it. I didn't have to spend hundreds of bucks on travel and expenses. I just decided to seek it for FREE right outside my door.

Recently, I've had detours + setbacks already to happen in the month of January. I had oral surgery last week that left me in pain for days. I was put on a strict diet with strong medication that left me nauseous and unable to do the work I had once planned. For example, I signed up for a blogger virtual e-course that I could take at home I got sick in the middle of the lecture but I was determined to get through it. That was a tough week, but I am striving to create a better future for myself. I can't give up no matter what. It gets HARD . It gets FRUSTRATING and everything in between. But there is something inside of me that pushes me to create always.

Comments

Popular Posts