Self-Care As a Creative


"BEING a creative or entrepreneur in general can be very lonely + frustrating at times. You have to sacrifice time with friends and sometimes people will NOT understand you or your hustle. It is important that you surround yourself with like-minded creatives for support. Being a creative costs long hours + sometimes sleepless nights."
This quote is a reality for many creatives across the globe. It is fun + exciting for me as a creative/ aspiring entrepreneur. But sometimes I have days where my ideas doesn't flow naturally, my thoughts are jumbled up and nothing seems right. Usually when I have creative/writers block my personal life is chaotic. So chaotic that its hard to focus even when I want to very badly. The pressure to produce content consistently can seem overwhelming verses passionately fun.

Whenever I enter this space I've learned to ride it out until the feelings of anxiety passes. My best ideas are not created here. So I breathe. I take my time. I get plenty of sleep after a long day. I write in my journal. I find other ways to be creative. I go to places that may inspire + relax me. These things are all helpful during the writers block phase.

I believe at some point every writer, creator or entrepreneur faces this . Some more than others. I have recently joined a community of creators and bloggers in a podcast entitled Black Girls In Om (BGIO). This podcast is very helpful for me as an upcoming entrepreneur and content creator. These successful black women talk about their struggles as a creative and the importance of self-care. One conversation even mentioned that we should give ourselves healthy social media breaks. The pressure to keep up with the "Joneses" can be very HARD + FRUSTRATING +EXHAUSTING.  Taking time off really helps to recharge your creative mindset. And I've found this advice to be very true.
My Self-care looks like:
~NATURE
Being in nature always relaxes me when I am stressed and overwhelmed. Below is a beautiful view of fully bloomed pink flowers and fresh green trees.

~Shopping for a new look
Shopping for a new look is helpful as well. It takes my mind off of the stress of everyday life for those few hours. I love to create my own style + capture a photo afterwards.





Stripes are a huge trend for spring and now summer. I found this cute bodysuit top +Forever 21 along with this super comfy rose pink jogging pants that I've had my eye on for quite sometime. self-care


Comments

Popular Posts