DNA

Lyrics
I got loyalty got royalty inside my DNA
Got war and peace inside my DNA
I got power, poison, pain and joy inside my DNA
I got hustle though, ambition, flow, inside my DNA
- Kendrick Lamar

This has to be my favorite Kendrick Lamar song out now along with Humble. A few months back I wrote about my family How The Struggle Inpsires Greatness
I often revert back to this post because it amazes me of how great it turned out. And to think, these are REAL people. REAL struggles. REAL accomplishments and to top it all off this is my Family. We often joke around in family gatherings saying that we should write books about our struggles and triumphs. Honestly, that's not a bad idea. Imagining what my Dad, Uncles, Aunt + Grandmother all have endured encourages me on my journey. Turner. We are strong people. We are brave. We are special. We exude greatness. It makes me smile.
I often think about my own struggles and the road to triumphs on my personal journey. In my 20s I have experienced Life in a way some people probably will never experience in their entire lifetime. From sexual assault, to therapy, to feeling unaccomplished in my career life, to bouts of depression and more. This road has been very difficult. It is HARD, but I am a survivor. And one day I would like to elaborate in greater detail.


Photo of me maybe age 3, 1989.


Birthday 🎉, make a wish.

LITTLE GIRLS, BECOME WOMEN WITH VISION....
writer. creative. entrepreneur. educated. business owner. successful.
wife. mother. public speaker. future goals


One of the photo shoots my dad placed me in. 

For so long I've kept all of this a secret only discussing these issues with my therapist. But since I am building a platform it was a matter that I need to share. I read in this weeks See Jane Write Jane Jumpstart lesson how important it is to share our stories. Sharing your story makes you relate more to your target audience. It is always hard for me to open up because I am such a very private person. But, this is my story. It is very personal. I never wanted to share this because of self-pity or attention. Only to encourage someone else. I never knew when to share because I always wanted to wait until the time was right. To be honest it is never a "right" time. I also wanted to weigh how much I should talk/write about without saying too much. My first step is just writing what happened to me. It was all so shocking, terrifying and to think my abuser was someone I knew. I have lived with this for over seven years and if I can smile again forgive again want love again, create and laugh and thrive and practice success daily so can you. It's no walk in the park by any means but it is possible. You just have to take the necessary steps. It is a process. But after years of guilt, shame, and tears. I have a reason to live--my journey isn't over yet. I am writing the next chapter. **


Age 30.

DNA 

FAMILY Aunt, Uncles, Dad, Grandpa, Me, MOM.
"How The Struggle Inspires Greatness"

Comments

Popular Posts