Photo Journal Cloud 9

Today I decided to do an impromptu photo shoot in my brand new dress from Zara. I purchased this dress for an event but realized it maybe too fancy so I decided to have a little fun with fashion. Playing with texture this fringe and sequins beauty grabbed my attention the moment I laid eyes on it. For one it’s very different and I live for different because you stand out! I came up with the concept of the photo first by imagining my hair style. Instead of wearing it in a bun I decided to wear an afro. Big hair always gives a look an extra avant- garde nudge that is needed. It’s couture. It’s fun. It’s editorial. The caption that came to mind was automatically Solange x Almeda. 

The detailing is exquisite. I want to say this dress is  handmade. You have to handle it delicately because of the sequined fringe.

 Instead of batch shooting like most bloggers do for their outfit of the day post, I am spur of the moment. In the moment I think of a new style idea I must execute right then or at least write it down. I am still building my wardrobe so batching is not for me right now, maybe one day. I am not considered a style blogger but more of a fashion blogger because it’s broader and it gives me an umbrella of ideas to work with. I hope you enjoy these photos as much as I loved creating. 






Dress: Zara
Creative Director: yours truly



Comments

Popular Posts