Monday Muse

Over the weekend I visited the Birmingham Museum of Art. It was long overdue. There were new exhibits that I hadn't seen that were yet to be discovered. The first exhibit I saw included one of the photos below, it was a portrait of a man but the portrait looked as if it was falling apart. That's because it was held up by a broom. The story behind this portrait was punishment. Because of the man's wrong doings he was left with an unfinished portrait. Interesting to say the least.

Next, I saw  a colorful wall full of people with the word "love" spelled out. I felt like this mural is just what the world needs more of. Not only does it celebrates romantic love but love for all! I love the scripture that says "Love your neighbor as yourself." Love is the greatest gift. And I feel the work of art (pictured below) is a great depiction of it.

Lastly, I went to see the new Barbie exhibit. It was full of pink, fur, portraits, and mirrors. I didn't post any pictures on purpose because I know many people haven't seen it yet. It's beautiful and full of places to take pictures for Instagram. Overall I enjoyed my visit to the Birmingham Museum of Art. It is one of my favorite places to visit on my off days. I love that it's free. And I try to spend as much time as I can reading and observing the art.

The flowers below are just a random picture I took outdoors. I'm always finding things that inspire me or that brightens my day! I love to spread positivity and I love being creative. Flowers are beautiful and colorful and sometimes it doesn't hurt to treat yourself.









For more inspiration follow my Instagram: Instagram.com/stylishdrea86_


Comments

Popular Posts