Day Party. *Social Networking Event*

Day Party recap: Footage inside the party [Early Birds]
 
 
 
 
Venue: Avondale Brewery Southside Birmingham, AL
Hosts: @1sharpG  + @hiploot  [also my colleagues]
Visual Artist: J Fresko Turner
DJ: Forte Bowie
About: I learned about this event through Gina's blog +Gina T (1sharpG) 
 
Overall this was a nice event. The event space was held at a very nice Loft-plenty of room for dancing, mingling, and also viewing the art pieces around you. This was my very first Day Party, you mostly hear of such events in the LA, California area. It was pretty cool that she thought to create and bring such events like this to Birmingham. It's good for meeting new people and networking. I am a new blogger and aspiring entrepreneur and we need events like these to sort of pave the way to reach our goals. I respect the creative thought behind this project-the turn out was good for the very first time and as time progresses if there are more events created like this I feel it will only get better from here. Gina proved that Birmingham doesn't have to be boring, her mission is to create more fun events to attract more people who are interested in the Arts, Fashion, Style, Music etc. or if you just simply want something new to do. It's cool for me also because I've lived here all my life (except for going off to college) & I wanted something new to do other than the same ole stuff. It was new and productive a win-win situation.
 
 
Visual Art
 
Still art work by: J Fresko Turner

Recap: His pieces were very cool and creative. I got a chance to chat it up with him for a few minutes, he seemed like a very cool down to earth kind of guy. He was very appreciative that I liked his work and thankful that I came out to support.


Style 
I styled my outfit for this particular event myself. I thrifted both pieces for this event. The pant is currently in style now and are very comfortable with a nice print. The top is simple but it adds a nice pop of color to brighten my outfit, it compliments well.


Comments

Popular Posts