The End of 2016-My Styles-2years of blogging



Wow! I can't believe that I have been blogging now officially 2years. I still consider myself a newbie to this blogger world-I came in not knowing anything about blogging. These two-years have been filled with learning and unlearning, uncertainty, inspiration and self-doubt. I read about other experienced bloggers who have been apart of this blogger community for nearly 10 years and thought to myself, wow! I have a long way to go, its more to this than just writing. I can actually turn this into a business. The fear of failure or am I on the right track haunts me at times but then I am reminded of my WHY. I started a blog in the first place to express my passion for fashion. I wanted a broader platform other than my social media accounts to really go into detail about the latest fashion and trends of each season. And occasionally sport off my styles as well. When I remember my why the inspiration just begins to flow. I wouldn't consider myself the best writer but what I will celebrate is my determination to express my passion, the uniqueness of my work, and this gut feeling that I have to not give up on what truly makes me happy. 
    In 2017, I want to work harder. I want to do the things that I once put off. I want to study and perfect my craft. Death to the comparison mentality! I want to own my ideas-and not second guess myself. I want to learn and ask questions. I want to create new friendships + work with people who have similar ideas. You are Never too old to accomplish a dream. Do not be crippled by setbacks or obstacles. Believe in myself always! 

  
Its a 90s Thing

One of the last parties I went to was a 90s themed party. When I read about it I immediately got excited and eager to plan out my ideas of what I wanted to wear. For themed parties there is freedom to create whatever you want and that's what I love! The 90s era was pretty fun! It was filled with the best hits of R&B music- that I still listen to today, female and male groups, and the fashion were: crop tops, jerseys, color, baggy clothes etc. I decided to take inspiration from the hit 90s sitcom "Martin" since this party took place in the winter time I noticed that the characters Gina and Pam would wear crop sweatshirts and a high waist pant. That's the look I went for.
Here is my full look. Below is a really cool cartoon illustration from the movie "House Party" that I also pulled inspiration from. This illustration is so cool and creative I had to find a way to use it in a way it flowed with what I wanted to say.

My Best Styles of 2016
All of these looks I wore on different days. They all are unique and special in their on way. I expressed my style with the use of color, prints, and textures. Out of these four looks my top pic is the red cropped dress. It was worn celebrating my birthday and I feel as an aspiring stylist it is my best work yet!



Comments

Popular Posts