Beyonce News






About a week ago Beyonce announced to the world on Instagram that she is expecting twins. The news broke the internet and set a brand new record for the most liked picture on Instagram to date. When I heard the news I actually had been on an internet hiatus that day. When I finally decided to check I was just shocked, excited, and almost speechless all at once. The one thing I've admired about Beyonce all of these years is the way she manages to keep her personal life private until she is ready to release the news. Her being the mega star that she is, I know that can't be easy but she does it every time.

Now that the news is out about her pregnancy. I have all of these questions for upcoming events. Grammys, Met Ball, Coachella what will she wear? Will she still perform? Both of these questions run through my mind but the most important one to me is the FASHION. The Grammys is this Sunday Feb. 12th Beyonce has 9 nominations for her visual album Lemonade. I am almost certain that she will attend this event. It's exciting for me to see what designers she will choose.

Speaking of Lemonade her single Formation dropped a year ago on yesterday, Feb. 6. Formation is nominated for song of the year. I remember when this song/visual dropped. No one was expecting it. There was no promotion and if I remember correctly it dropped the day before she performed it at the Superbowl. The visual was everything!!!! It spoke of our culture. It had a message about police brutality. It is dance. It is FASHION. It is ART.

Nominations:

Album of the Year                 
Lemonade                              

Song of the year                      
Formation                                

Best Rap/ Song Collab          
Freedom                           

Best Music Video
Formation

Best Urban Contemp
Lemonade

Best Music Film
Lemonade

Best Solo Performance
Hold Up

Record of the Year
Formation

Best Rock Performance
Don't Hurt Yourself

Comments

Popular Posts