Botanical Garden

Today I went to the Botanical Gardens in Birmingham, AL for the first time ever. Lately, I've been infactuated with flowers. I mean they're like a breath of fresh air on my most stressful of days. And the beauty is just amazing! God is dope. This trip was last minute planned midweek. I did some research about the place not only does it has several gardens to explore. There is also a library, auditorium, classrooms and gift shops. I didn't visit every place so here's an excuse to comeback ha! I found inspiration here. Met new strangers that were friendly, took a moment to read my new book in the library after walking through the garden.

This flower is gorgeous! No filter thanks to iPhone photography.

The Japanese Garden was the coolest ⛩🌳.

Over the bridge there was a pond full of fish and turtles. Check out the bamboo sticks


The gift shop was one of my favorite places to just relax besides having air conditioner and wifi (lol). There were so many cool things to buy in the store. From pottery, jewelry, journals, coloring books, pillows, coffee mugs etc. plus there was a sale. I must return because I didn't get a chance to buy much at all this time around. The book pictured above in particular screamed See Jane Write. I just felt like a woman empowered! I felt like I belonged to a writers organization. I felt like a writer. I felt intelligent. I felt important.  Women Who Read Are Dangerous *

Comments

Popular Posts