Don't Touch My Hair πŸ‘‘

Don't Touch My Hair,  when it's the feelings I wear. Don't Touch My soul when it's the rhythm I know. Don't Touch My crown they say the vision I've found. Don't Touch what's there when it's the feelings I wear. 🎢 —︎  Solange Knowles (A Seat At The Table)

Don't Touch My pride they said the glory is all mines. They don't understand what it means to me....
 Essence Festival 2017 πŸ”΄.

On July 2, Solange Knowles and her band filled with musicians, dancers, + creativity. Created an incredible performance that New Orleans, Louisiana will not forget. The singers current hometown was so proud of this musical performance. Speaking of fashion the band were fully covered from head to toe dressed in red. The horn section filled with trumpets, trombone, rhythm and lights. It all looked magical. She performed hits like Cranes in the sky, Don't Touch My Hair, For Us By Us. I loved the ripple effects that the band made towards the end of the performance piece (bowing). The loud sounds of the instruments playing for a small period of time sounded celebratory.

Although I was unable to attend the Essence Festival this year I've had personal friends to attend and show photos/videos of their experience. One of my friends @krysscole   (Her instagram handle) of Birmingham, Al who works for a local radio station, hosts special events, and part creator of the @curlfriendzpod podcast captured pictures with Ms. Tina Knowles-Lawson and Kofi Siriboe to name a few. Kryss was chosen to work as an assistant at Essence fest. It's so funny because nearly two years ago Kryss and I met at a local networking event. In conversation meeting for the first time full of laughter we discovered that we maybe related because we share the same last name. She is beautiful inside and out, down to earth southern belle--hella cool and we haven't looked back since. Lol (genuine vibes like this are hard to come by nowadays so I'm grateful for this one.)

DONT TOUCH MY HAIR
This is an expression to me that means that it's sacred. It is my heritage. It is me. It has a different texture than most. It is soft fluffy, curly, and unique. Natural hair is our birthright. So you should embrace + be proud of your hair. There is nothing wrong with extensions or braids. But...just embrace what was naturally given to us by God. This is my take.//

Comments

Popular Posts