Golden Globes |16


Highlights of the night:
My favorite time of year has officially arrived and is in full swing. There were so many wow moments on last nights Golden Globe red carpet debut. The favorite color and trends last night were definitely white, metallic, sequin and pop of colors: red, navy blue, and emerald green was popular with jewelry. I get so excited when I write about elegant/couture fashion because I am absolutely  intrigued by such amazing tailoring extravagant and elegant ideas of how each piece is constructed and are personally hand picked for each celebrity-displaying their personal style while also giving the Designer of these looks credit, publicity, & knowledge of their skill. Below I have listed my Best dressed top picks of the night, other favorites, and my worst dressed predictions.

Best Dressed
Top Picks:
Jennifer Lawrence wearing Dior.
This look is so stunning! I love the elegant necklace that really gives this sexy red dress an extra push to perfection. She was also one of last nights winners!

Portia Doubleday wearing Naeem Khan
This dress is metallic perfection! This looks a lot like armor that I would want to wear because its very high fashion. It's sequin and its really just a work of art, beautiful.
 
Lady Ga Ga wearing Versace
This look screams Old Hollywood glamour. Her big hair reminds me a lot of Marilyn Monroe, I love that it's all-black and I love the exaggeration around the hip area of the dress, its really beautiful and unlike the "out of the box fashion" Ga Ga we are use to seeing. Very elegant (She also was a winner on last night)

Laverne Cox in Elizabeth Kennedy
This all white gown blew me away. White is very hard to pull off, and this was well executed. It looked so beautiful on the red carpet.

Jennifer Lopez in Giambattista Valli
She really surprised us with not showing much skin and I loved that she went this route. This mustard is a really beautiful color. I loved her hair and lip color with this look, she still kept this look Jennifer with the high split. I really loved the built in cape and jewels.

Gina Rodriquez wearing Zac Posen
I love this navy blue sweet heart princess gown. The pockets kept this look chic, the construction of this gown is really just gorgeous well made, beautiful!

Jamie Alexander wearing Genny
This emerald green gown is really gorgeous with the low plunge. I love the black in the gown that gives this look shape in the detailing of this dress. Her dark hair compliments this look well, and I love the green earrings



Pop of color and other Favorites:

Olivia Palermo in Delpozo
I really love this look because its different. I love the choice of pop of color and the stripe. It definitely stood out

Jenna Tatum wearing Zuhair Murad
This navy blue gown is a beauty. I love the sexy low plunge, the detail effect and the pockets

Katy Perry in Prada
This was one of my favorite colors of the night! It's a fitted silhouette with a bow in the back really beautiful

Kate Hudson in Michael Kors
The color is beautiful, the choker and crop was definitely different but executed well. She looks hot showing off her toned tummy.

Olivia Wilde in Michael Kors
I love this burgundy color! This sequin gown is really beautiful.  Her eyes pop in this dress.

Zendaya wearing Marchesa
This young fashionista looked so beautiful in this burgundy layered gown. I love her hair with this look. She is so stylish and chic. 
 
Taraji P. Henson wearing Stella McCartney
She really looked beautiful in this all white gown with the train she told everyone not to step on! lol She too was a winner on last night!
 
Golden Globe Couture:

Jane Fonda in Saint Laurent Couture
When I saw this look on television, it really just looked so gorgeous. Very age appropriate and sophisticated. It was a statement piece for her, she wore it well.
 
Worst Dressed Picks:

Natalie Dormer in J.Mendel
This look was a miss for me. I didn't care for her hair at all, this dress was too plain for the Golden Globes. I don't like the style of this dress at all.
 
Melissa McCarthy wearing Melissa McCarthy
She looks great because she lost the weight! I wished she would have showed us a better look of her  in a better gown choice. This look doesn't look expensive, too safe for the Golden Globes, not flattery to me.










Comments

Popular Posts