Style. Culture. Curating.

Style. Culture. Curating


 






Let me first express my love for sweatshirts. I think they are so warm, comfortable and the coolest shirts in the world! Most popularly worn in late Fall and Winter these sweatshirts are even more unique and stylish when they have the cool writings/prints logos on them. On my Instagram fashion following page I saw this really dope all black sweatshirt on the fashion bomb daily.

This post was promoting a newly female creator by the name of Joshlyn Turner-her brand is entitled the write fit. This stylish shirt read "Black girls got the juice" I immediately fell in love and a million thoughts ran across my mind as to WHY I feel black girls have the juice! Juice /joos/ an urban term meaning respect, power excellence in achieving great things. As a black woman I feel so empowered and inspired right now! Being that it is still Black History Month-so much history has been made in music & creativity in 2016.

From Beyoncé's Super bowl performance to Kendrick Lamar's 11 Grammy nominations (in hip-hop the most nominations of the night) and now five time Grammy award winner, gave a POWERFUL performance from his album "To Pimp A Butterfly". It visually told a story of American history in about 6 minutes. It was phenomenal!! Kendrick proved that a man from the projects of Compton,California and a person who lives with "depression" doesn't have to be another statistic in America. You can still succeed and make something out of your life.

And for this reason I wear this style proudly... 
Support young entrepreneurs and shop at www.shopthewritefit.com today.

Break down of my Look of the Day!
Sweatshirt- the write fit
Skinny jeans- forever 21
Shoes- forever 21
Hair- curly fro inspired 
MU- natural look w/ burgundy Mac matte lipstick 

Comments

Popular Posts