The 88th Oscar Awards

The Oscar Awards Red carpet
The 88th Oscar Awards were centered around the lack of diversity in the categories for black actors/actresses this year. Despite the boycott that was initiated just a little over a month before the Academy Awards (Oscars), I feel Chris Rock the host of the night held his ground and put on a fairly good show. He addressed the obvious issues the best way he knew how and that was creatively in a comedic way. There were moments during the show where the audience looked and felt uncomfortable but he managed to use his wit to still make people laugh. I thought Chris Rock was very brave and he delivered under pressure. Furthermore I am happy that the president of the Academy Awards and the board are working towards diversifying the show in the future giving everyone an equal shot at winning this prestigious award in the art of Acting.

The fashion of the night was elegant. It's one of my favorite red carpet recaps to review. Below are my thoughts and predictions of the Best/Worst dressed looks of the night:

Priyanka Chopra in Zuhair Murad
This gown is very beautiful. I love the detailing and the sheer that it gives towards the bottom. The diamond belt is a nice accessory that gives this look an extra pop! I love that she wore her hair pulled back in a nice ponytail.  Best Dressed
 
Margot Robbie in Tom Ford
This dress is interesting because it gives a blazer effect towards the top, the low V-neck is complimentary and I like the fit. I also love the choice of color.
 

Olivia Munn in Stella McCartney
I like this red/orange color. I love that its simple but very elegant. It looks expensive.


Naomi Watts in Armani Prive
I love this gown! The color, the ombre effect with the mix of blue and purple is beautiful. I like the sequin it makes this look shine. The fit is perfect!  Best Dressed
Armani Prive- this designer had a big night, a lot of his gowns were my favorite looks of the night.


Daisy Ridley in Chanel haute couture
This is one of my favorite looks of the night. This dress is so beautiful to me. The soft color, the beading, the jewelry, the hair is all just gorgeous. I really love this dress.  Best Dressed


Alicia Vikander in custom Louis Vuitton
This dress is really pretty, I love the yellow color with the mixture of silver. Her hairstyle compliments this dress along with the jewelry.   Winner


Rooney Mara in Givenchy
The intricate detailing of this gown is exquisite. The cut outs are in the right places, the split is not too high up. I love her hair and the red lip. The material of this dress is really beautiful.  Best Dressed


Charlize Theron in Dior haute couture
She is a gorgeous woman! She looks beautiful in this red dress, its sexy. She didn't over do it this looks stunning.  Best Dressed


Jennifer Gardner in Versace
Jennifer looked really beautiful in this all black couture gown. I love the structure of this gown, her beautiful glow, and smile.


Lady Ga Ga in Brandon Maxwell
This all-white jumpsuit with the train is gorgeous, beautiful, and stunning! I love the heart shape detailing in the bodice. White is hard to pull off- she really brought it to the Oscars.  Best Dressed
I also have to mention the awesome performance she put on during the show. It was a powerful message honoring sexual assault victims/survivors around the world on college campuses. Her song was nominated for an Academy Award.


Jennifer Lawrence in Dior couture
This champagne and black color is beautiful. I love the layering of the bottom of this gown and her bold blonde bob cut!
 


Worst Dressed

Heidi Klum in Marchessa
This is my worst dressed prediction of the night. I love the color its really beautiful but the flowers and the long sleeve took away from the dress. It made it look too much, if you take away the flower and the one sleeve this dress would have been beautifully executed! Sometimes less is more.










Comments

Popular Posts