iSlay in Beyoncé "Formation"


Over the weekend Beyoncé released her new single "Formation" virtually on Tidal showing the visual to the song that later sparked controversy by non-Bey hive fans. The video content covered a number of messages that centered around black history and the culture. I personally thought this was a brilliant idea and also perfect timing being that it is currently Black History Month. It was released mid Saturday afternoon it reached record breaking views 8 million and went up to the number 1 spot on the billboard top 200 chart in 24 hours. The following day during Super bowl half-time Beyoncé performed the song and her fan base went bananas!

Video Footage

Content: This took place in New Orleans displaying footage of southern homes the wardrobe resembled that of maids in the early 1900s. She embraced the "culture" through dance- bounce which is very popular in the South. She expressed her southern roots by stating her heritage in the lyrics "My daddy Alabama mama Louisiana you mix that negro with that creole  make a Texas-Bama." I love that Beyoncé embraced natural hair by incorporating her daughter Blue rocking her fluffy curly fro as well as all of her dancers. The Civil Rights movement was expressed with the cop car under the water with the words "Stop the Violence".
 
 
My Admiration for Beyoncé :
I loved that she used her "wit" to create and mix art with history visually. I love that Beyoncé isn't focused on the numbers or album sales, she just loves creating and performing. I love that she is a hard worker and she takes time to perfect her craft. I love that with time she has grown to be a "boss" and takes pride in being a feminist. I love that she proves that a woman can be ANYTHING she puts her mind to. Not just a singer but a dancer, creative director, musician, actress, boss and an all around great Entertainer. I love that she pushes past her haters and continues to create something great with each new album every single time! I'm so inspired...


 
Super Bowl Performance
 
Let's talk about the wardrobe situation....can you say Epic..... a literal female design of Michael Jackson's performance costume from a previous Super Bowl  and I have to mention that she is currently the only recipient of the Michael Jackson Video Vanguard Award.
 
This Black leather is Everything!!!! It resembles a lot of the Black Panthers from the 1960s.
 

Immediately following the half-time performance Beyoncé announced her "Formation" world tour. *Screams with excitement* I really want to make it to this show its only right being this year I turn 30. What a great way to bring in a new decade of life, celebrating with one of my favorite performers of all time. Under personal circumstances I hope that I can make it to this show it will be my first live in person performance from Beyoncé. (All of the rest were just collectors items of her previous world tours on dvd).


1966

Beyoncé's dancers 2016

In honor of Black History Month
The Black Panthers were formed in 1966 and played a short but prominent part in the Civil Rights movement. The Black Panthers believed that the non-violent campaign of Martin Luther King Jr. failed, the traditional civil rights movement would take too long to be implemented. The Black Panther Party (BPP) had four desires: equality on education, housing, employment and civil rights.

source: www.historylearningsite.co.uk



Comments

Popular Posts