Childhood memory ~ How I First Became A Beyoncé Fan


Qotd: When was the last time you took a walk down memory lane? (anote2selfjournal by: Alex Elle)
During my daily morning journaling this was the question of the day. It was so on time for me because I have been thinking about different ways to express myself creatively all week about Beyonce's single premiere of "Lemonade" (HBO). I have been excited ever since the day it was announced. She has grown over the years as an outstanding Visual artist and I am excited to see what she is about to show the world creatively. I think this is so cool to give her fans as she prepares for the Formation tour and the release of her sixth solo album. My childhood memory of how I first became a Beyonce fan goes all the way back to the 1990s when I was in middle school, the time I first listened to a Destiny's Child song on cassette tape.

Child hood memory of music:
 I remember early mornings waking up my parents leaving for work as I was preparing to leave to go to school. Secular music wasn't really allowed in my household when I was younger so I remember sneaking every chance I got to listen to R&B music- which is still one of my favorite genres of music til this day. I had this cassette tape of Brandy's album "Never Say Never"- constantly rehearsing every lyric and song in my head. A childhood friend of mines was a Brandy fan, she was dying to listen to this tape because she hadn't heard it yet. At the time she was banging Destiny's child album- the group I had recently discovered in an Ebony magazine, I wanted to listen to their hot new album "The Writings on the Wall". She suggested that we do a fair trade, after that day I have been a Destiny's Child/Beyonce fan ever since. (circa 1998)
The original Destiny's Child left to right: (LeToya Lucket, Latavia, Beyonce, and Kelly Rowland) 1998-99


Seeing Destiny's Child in Magazines


I remember the first time seeing this girl group in a magazine. Their fashion always stood out to me, I was eager to learn more about this group and listen to their music. I later found out that Beyonce mostly did the lead vocals, her father Matthew Knowles was their manager and her mother Tina Knowles designed and made all of their clothes.
This photo is one of my childhood memories of seeing them in  Ebony magazine. I loved the way the group expressed their personalities with the different styles of clothing but it was still all a cohesive look.

Beyoncé the solo artist 

I'm holding a Beyonce collector's item calendar I purchased in 2015. Over the years I have collected and purchased CD's of all of her solo albums: (Dangerously in love, B'Day, I am Sasha Fierce, 4, Beyonce and _______). I am so happy to be apart of the beyhive and support what I think is hard work and art.

I hope to attend one of her concerts soon, this is the only thing I haven't done yet. I have a collection of all of her world tour dvds that actually were recorded . Every now and then I go in my closet and pull out those collector's items and listen and watch my favorite Entertainer perform.

THIS SATURDAY!!!

Premiere of Lemonade this Saturday on HBO.


BSTATS.  @Beyonce_stats/ twitter.com:
"Lemonade shot for 50 days in Louisiana alone, employing 300 people, with a budget of $1.35 million. Figures exclude additional photography."
This alone gets me so excited about watching this visual. The money, time, rehearsals, stage crew, dancers, vocal ability, creative direction, hours all invested in for one big day is so exciting to me. The fact that she keeps creating is mind boggling and the cherry on top is the anticipation. This Saturday, be sure to tune in to what would be "pure greatness" HBO is free all weekend just for her fans. 

 

Comments

Popular Posts