ART ON THE ROCKS:: Third Space


This wooden sculpture is probably one of my favorite pieces of art in the Third Space exhibit. I read that Auburn University students helped create this piece. War Eagle! You are allowed to sit and stand on whatever angle you'd prefer.

Sound suit this is my second favorite from the exhibit. Very creative + fashionable.


Newly added to the exhibit represents the past, present imperfect, past imperfect, present perfect + future perfect. This photography piece is so dope!

Henna tattoos was so much fun!

Among the weeds, plants, and peacock feathers piece. I love the colors and textures of this piece. There are so many other art pieces that I loved and they often had hidden messages or art within the piece. It's all about how you look at it and what you see.

So why should you attend summers hottest event and visit the Third Space Exhibit?

Art on the rocks is held every summer in the months of June, July, and August. It is a fun event with food, art, good vibes + fashion statements. It is held usually from 7pm-11pm art after hours. This was my third year attending the event and I would recommend others to come. This event is not free, however you could come during Art hours to visit each exhibit. 

Third Space
Third Space is a contemporary art exhibit created by the museums own collection featuring over 100 works of art. Including a variety of mediums painting, photography, sculpture, drawing, and video. 
Artists: Kerry James Marshall, Thornton Dial, Ebony G. Patterson, Jose Bedia, William Christenberry and others. The tone of each piece represents the American South.

I would recommend anyone to visit this exhibit. I've gone several times earlier this year. But, throughout the entire summer more pieces were added. In my free time I want to take my time to revisit this exhibit again.**

Hours:
Mon-closed
Tues-Sat 10am-5pm
Sunday noon-5pm
*closed on major holidays

Comments

Popular Posts