My Favorite Couture Looks VMAs


I recently watched the movie The Devil Wears Prada where a new assistant Andrea Sachs worked for the most coveted fashion editor of Runway magazine, Miranda Priestly. Every girl in New York City wanted Andrea's job but she wasn't too fond of fashion at all. In fact her first day in the office she looked a horrid mess from head to toe. Later she would receive a makeover from one of her coworkers that changed her life! Andrea was smart and earned a journalism degree in hopes to get a job in this field. Instead she became Miranda Priestly's best assistant ever.

Unlike the character Andrea Sachs, I am in love with Fashion I always have been. Today I want to write about my favorite looks from the VMAs. There were looks that were very haute couture to fun looks that simply paid homage to a favorite singer|dancer. Like what Teyana Taylor wore a crop white top and black bottom honoring Janet Jackson. Below are my top favorite looks of the night.


Yara Shahidi in Zimmerman Fall 2017. This look was my Best Dressed Nominee for the night. She is giving me old school Hollywood with her hairstyle. I love it! It reminds me of a modern Diana Ross. Her gold dress is chic and classy. I would absolutely wear this gown any day.


Lorde in Monique Lhuillier 
Although experts says that Lorde was overdressed for the Video Music Awards I think this dress is very beautiful. It is different. I love the lavender color and the volume of this dress. I love her soft makeup and that she didn't over do it with hair and fancy jewelry.


Katy Perry wearing Stephane Rolland Haute Couture.
His entire collection was centered around structure. I love the simplicity but well tailoring of this gown. The fabric is exquisite. The host of the evening. **

Comments

Popular Posts