Photo Journal : Growth

Hello,
What I’ve been up to lately, creating largely on Instagram but not as much as February. I’ve been reading A lot! By reading I mean micro blog posts as well as blog posts from other bloggers and I must say, I enjoy it! Storytelling is a learned art. At first when transitioning my captions from witty tunes that matched my photos on Instagram to long relatable topics of everyday life was not a walk in the park  initially. One I was afraid to open up ( I’m not an over sharer) Two I care about what people may think of me especially the people who have been following me since day one. Three my words never flowed like other bloggers/influencers. I started to think maybe storytelling is not for me. 

When I got over the fear and let go of the excuses the words started to flow naturally. Even if I had to set my words in a numbered format. I’ve noticed since I started storytelling my following has grown tremendously. I calculated the numbers today and my Instagram grew to nearly 250 more people in 2months. That’s insane! Last year my following remained stagnant the entire year. I think I gained maybe fifty people but I don’t believe all of those stayed. 

I had to reroute.
I had to rewrite. 
I had to plan content.
I had to post spur of the moment (this works for me)
I had to be vulnerable but still know I have the power of how far I go. 
I had to fall in love with creating again.
I had to post consistently and be social on social media even if it’s not returned.
All of these things helped me to be successful as a blogger and creative and aspiring Influencer.


So I’ve been blogging for 4 years now why aren’t you getting paid to post you may ask? 
Well fear once again, I love doing this for free. But it would be nice to make some extra coin. Another reason not knowing enough about the business. Most influencers won’t tell you the ingredients on how to monetize I have to find an experienced blogger/influencer who will. These can be paid webinars or free depending on what they offer. So basically I have to invest in myself to create for myself. I enjoy learning the ins and outs of it all. It’s interesting honestly but actually doing it is the real prize.


Today Words From A Wanderer + A note to self journal arrived in the mail created by Alex Elle. She is a woman of color and I love her work! She posted my photo in her insta story today and I am elated. This is actually my third a note to self journal I love the questions and this is my second poetry book ever. I have fallen in love with her work so much. I also enjoy listening to her podcast “ the hey girl podcast.” It’s filled with female entrepreneurs telling their stories and I’m here for it! ** 
 
Instagram: @stylishdrea86_

Comments

Popular Posts