Blog Like Crazy Q&A (November)

Blog Like Crazy                                                                                                         Week #1

1. Why do you want to blog like crazy?
  • I want to blog like crazy because I wanted to accept the bloggers challenge given out by one of Birmingham's creators and bloganistas. I wanted to challenge myself with my writing skills and also have a little fun towards the end of my first year as a new blogger. I want to blog like crazy to sum up the things I've learned thus far in 2015 about blogging.
2. What are your goals for the month?
  • I definitely want to budget a plan out how I will spend my money for this month. My 29th birthday is nearly a month away so I am saving up and will be searching the web for ideas of what I'm wearing this year. I am also saving for places, restaurants, activities I have in mind to celebrate. I am saving for a new journal designed and created by Alexandra Elle (@alex_elle)- great writer and creator whom I've been following on instagram. Last but not least I am saving for Blogger/Networking events for the month that may not be free.
3. Write about your favorite writers or bloggers.
  • Since this statement asks for plural writers/bloggers I will write about my top three:
  • Alex Elle, Heather Lindsey, and Bishop T.D. Jakes. Alex Elle is a writer I discovered on instagram and I later followed on twitter. I loved reading her poetry or inspiring quotes that she would post weekly and I later fell in love with her style of photography work. Her instagram page is very unique + simple to me, it caught my eye I began to pay attention to her page more. I learned that she is an author, jewelry creator, and journal creator. I recently purchased volumeI of her journal collection entitled anote2self. Volume one is in a rose pale nude color it is actually a workbook. She asks a series of different questions each day the phases of the moon is her theme. There are options to sort out your plans for the day by writing down the date, time, minutes it took you to journal. There are inspirational quotes after each complete moon phase and a really cool appendix describing each month for each new moon. It's really neat, there are a total of 4 journals in this collection all in different cool colors. I hope to collect the entire project. Heather Lindsey you can follow her on instagram (@heatherllove). This woman is a Christian, wife, and mother of two. Her posts are encouraging and uplifting to me as a preacher kid, she keeps me grounded and reminds me everyday  that its okay to have kingdom standards and live for Jesus even as a single young woman. She has a message for everyone but her main audience is centered around young women. She has an organization called the pinky promise- she has conferences and charity events. Last but not least my final favorite writer will have to be Bishop T.D. Jakes. His messages and wisdom has gotten me through the darkest and toughest struggles in my life. He has taught me to view life in a new and positive perspective despite what my reality may look like. His messages give me hope and it pushes my faith. I am thankful to God for these three phenomenal writers and bloggers.
4. Teach your bloggers how to do something.
  • I recently learned how to crochet and make scarfs and hats so I will share a few How To steps you can follow:
  • Purchase the shade of yarn you desire and a certain size crochet needle that you may need. (You can find yarn at your local Walmart or Michaels)
  • Step 1: for any project in order to start you must first start with a slip knot
  • Step 2: After your slip knot you must chain x amount of chains to build your foundation to your project
  • Step 3: Create whatever stitch or pattern you desire and continue this until you have come to the end of your project.
  • Step 4: To find more detail directions on how to crochet you can look it up on youtube for beginners. That's actually how I learned.
5. Honor a woman in your life.
  • My Mom. She is a loving mother, strong and supportive wife, beautiful First lady and a cancer survivor. My mom has supported me in a number of ways all of my life. She pushes me and encourages me as an adult even when times are hard for me financially and career wise. She pushes me to continue to complete my education even though I took a break to help her and a number of other personal reasons. Even through her treatments and surgeries she still manages to LIVE and rarely complains. She is determined to enjoy life no matter what and that motivates and encourages me to keep fighting for my happiness and my Dreams. To never give up even when times are rough. I love her and today I honor her. My Mother -xo Your Loving daughter, Andrea
6. Share 30 things you love right now.
I LOVE....
  1. To write in my journals
  2. To buy new journals and collect them
  3. To buy new things, to shop. New things excite me.
  4. To listen to music while I sketch or write
  5. To crochet in my free time
  6. To sing and dance around in my room or bathroom lol
  7. To laugh-I like comedy
  8. To try new restaurants. Dine-in fancy restaurants every now and then
  9. To paint recently went to Sips and Strokes on 280 in Birmingham and I enjoyed myself.
  10. To drink red wine on occasions
  11. To get dressed up "dolled up" for particular events formal/non formal
  12. To take selfies-pictures in general
  13. To post on Instagram
  14. To drink coffee early in the mornings
  15. Networking meeting new people even though I can get really nervous
  16. Being apart of Birmingham Bloggers and participating in a lot of See Jane Write events (I hope to join this organization soon)
  17. To travel
  18. Fashion, fashion shows, modeling, editorial shoots, learning about Fashion, the Business of fashion, Everything Fashion!!!!
  19. To take long walks
  20. Beyoncé. She's one of my favorite singers
  21. To tweet on Twitter (@stylishdrea86_)
  22. Guy groups from the 90s Boys II Men, Jodeci, Jagged Edge
  23. Being Creative
  24. To watch reruns of Martin
  25. To be organized
  26. To be on time or prompt for events. I get frustrated when I'm late.
  27. To post positive things on my social media accounts, specifically Instagram (@stylishdrea86_)
  28. To support my friends
  29. Enjoy being around positive people
  30. The woman I have become
***************************************







Comments

Popular Posts