My Photo Shoot Experience

My Photo shoot Experience
Gosh, I didn't think to write about my first "real deal" Fashion shoot until yesterday after I decided to do a random #TBT (throw back Thursday) post on one of my social media accounts. I shot this nearly six years ago when I was really serious about jumpstarting my modeling career. I shot this just a few months before my life drastically changed and things slowed down a lot for me. However, I am still very passionate about Fashion that's something that has never changed. Even if I don't pursue a modeling career I have educated myself about designers, the business, and I am currently working on ways to start my own clothing line. Here is a little bit about my photo shoot experience:
 
 In February 2010 I made my then dreams a reality as I shot my first fashion photo shoot as an adult. I shot with the talented Mack Dillingham of Montgomery, Al. I learned about him through one of my former colleagues Melanesia Hunter who I still admire until this day. Seeing her work as a model, her work ethic, and creativity inspired me to get back in front of the camera and pursue my fashion career (I don't think she knows this lol). It was like a light bulb hit me and I had to do something in this field. This was perfect timing for me because I was having a tough time in between choosing career paths in college. Later, I signed up for a fashion show that she was apart of and that really helped me to stay motivated to continue this drastic change of being a Biomedical science student to a Fashion student. When I arrived on set, I already knew how I wanted to look. I had to come up with what I wanted to wear-I only had a choice of two looks and hair & makeup. My vision of this shoot was to think "High Fashion" so that's what I went with for my theme. I took note from High Fashion magazines such as Vogue and advice from Tyra Banks on her hit tv show ANTM about facial expressions. Everything was pretty much on me the creative fun parts of the shoot, thank God I had my sister to help me out with my hair, I came up with this look. I thought it was very high fashion and modern-perfect for what I wore.



This photo is one of my favorites I actually can imagine seeing this picture in magazines. My photographer made me feel comfortable, although I was nervous I had one goal in mind while on set "KILL IT" I'm happy that I brought my A game because who knew I would have such a huge setback. Anyways, I took over 100 photos that day and in the package deal that I bought I could only have 13 photos edited which I think was pretty good. Once I saw the finished work I had the hardest time picking my top 13 photos but I must say it was fun taking the time out to evaluate. This is one experience I will never forget. I hope to get back in front of the camera again and have so much fun!!!

Comments

Popular Posts