Curly Girls Rock!~* Natural Hair Transition~*

This photo of me is sometime in mid fall of last year while I was out shopping at the mall. What captures my attention in this photo is my curls around my edges. As of today I am a transitioning natural of 11 months and honestly, I never thought that I would be able to depart from "the relaxer" because my hair texture is so easily to frizz in humid temperatures and its a lot of work to keep my hair done and looking healthy. Thank God for protective styles-because of them I was able to transtion much easier. I am loving the outcome of this journey because it causes my hair to be more healthy, grows longer and thicker when treated correctly, and that always make me feel good about myself. The cool and interesting part is that I get to go to different hair expos and learn more and try new products its actually pretty fun. My very first hair expo was the "Girls with Curls" event on last year where I met the very beautiful Ms. Africa Miranda-brand ambassodor of Creme of Nature Hair products. I learned so much about natural hair in that one setting, she told us about her experience of transtioning and how it can be a struggle once you've reached that 6 months period, she shared that she tried at least 3x's I think before she completely went through with it. Very interesting story, there is another Hair Expo coming in March and I cannot wait to attend this event. I'm excited! This Journey is Amazing!

Comments

Popular Posts