Here's a post I saw today:

"Before you put yourself down, please consider everything you've accomplished to get to this point, every life you've touched, and every moment you've pushed beyond your fears. You are a fighter. You are a champion. You are worthy of nothing less than the deepest love you have to share. You are an inspiration."

    • Its post like this that I randomly see on my timeline that encourages me so much. Just gets me through my day. I can remember the days and nights that I cried because I haven't finished college yet or in the amount of time I thought I would complete it because of various personal reasons and setbacks and simply the lack of financial support at times. But my desire has always been to at least earn my Bachelors degree, if I decide to not go any further. I remember the pressure that I felt from my family members to do so well because I am the oldest child, grandchild, and niece. In highschool I exceled beyond what I ever thought I could I graduated with a 4.0 GPA with honors I was my class Salutarion. I earned various awards for academic excellence like: National Honors Society, Beta Club, etc I even ended up giving the class of 2005 commencement speech after being bullied everyday 3/4 years of my highschool career. I didn't care if I graduated top ten or not I wanted to finish so that I wouldn't have to see those ppl who bullied me ever again. So when I was accepted to Auburn University I used that opportunity as a way to start fresh noone really knew me. I went to school with 1000s of students from all over the world. Some of the greatest experiences that I will remember forever took place on the plains and also some of the worst that sometimes haunts me til this day. I said all of this to say, it took years to overcome the pressure of doing everything right, I had to understand that God is in control and everything works out in his timing not neccessarily my own! When I realized this my worrying became less and I was able to deal with life again.

Comments

Popular Posts