The Significance of social media:  In my very first post I mentioned that I am a active member of some social media sites, well these two I am the most active and I have grown to love each of these. You can follow me if you'd like at @stylishdrea86_. My reason for doing a post centering around Instagram and Twitter is because these two sites literally saved my life! Not because I was busy being nosey keeping up with other people no thats not it at all. It is the positive things that I read everyday that keeps me going on my lowest of low days. I don't share on social media when I'm having a low day so people always think I'm happy, that I never face any "challenges" ALL LIES!!! Actually this year has been the year of challenge for my entire family and church family and its all centered around my DAD-when he was terribly ill the first 3 to 4 months of this year, he was even hospitalized for it and from there it was a down hill spiral, and what people don't know is that I was in a deep deep depression the deepest I think I've ever been in. I didn't care about anything-mylife-if I eat or if I didn't, my appearance, my hygene I didn't even want to live at some point. I felt like a failure and I didnt know how to get myself out of it. Until oneday I went to church and the man of God called me out in a room full of people and said these 3 words to me "YOU ARE LOVED." I immediately broke down in tears as he quickly embraced me and told me that God sees what youre dealing with. I didn't want to let him go. Mind you I told none of my family members how depressed I was because everybody's attention was so focused on my dad's well-being even I was too to a certain extent. But I was sinking so deep and usually some how I could save myself and snap out of it but this time it was just different it felt as though I was in the middle of the ocean, I cant swim no life guard or boat is around and I was sinking in deep depression until that day God reached out and told me those three words I will never forget and since then I have not been depressed and I slowly began to form a personal relationship with God the best decision of my life! Back to the social media sites almost everyday that I am logged on to either of these sites I find a positive post or several posts that are so on time and just what I need to get through my day or maybe something funny to keep me in good spirits when I'm feeling low. It's Amazing and for this reason I think social media is Amazing!! It's not all bad and I believe its original purpose was NOT to be promote negativity its the sick views of others that put out poison. But I encourage you to spread love today...You never know who needs it!

Comments

Popular Posts